Elevit Pre-conception & Pregnancy 30 tablets
Planning to fall pregnant? Elevit is a once-daily pre-conception & pregnancy multivitamin that has been specifically formulated to help support your baby's healthy development from conception.
It can take time to build the higher level of nutrients your body will need to support you and your growing baby. Therefore, Elevit should ideally be taken from at least one month prior to conception, and then throughout your entire pregnancy.
No other pregnancy multivitamin contains more folic acid and iron (1). Elevit also contains a high level of iodine and other important vitamins and minerals. Folic acid is clinically proven to reduce the risk of neural tube defects like spina bifida(2), iron helps in the formation of the red blood cells and helps prevent iron deficiency while iodine assists in the baby's brain development.
It's New Zealand's No.1 Pregnancy multivitamin supplement (3).
- No other pregnancy multivitamin contains more folic acid and iron (1) (2)
- One small convenient tablet per day- New Zealand's No. 1 pregnancy multivitamin supplement (3)
- Take at least one month prior to planned conception and throughout your entire pregnancy
- Folic acid is clinically proven to reduce the risk of neural tube defects, such as spina bifida (2)
- As at March 2021
- De-Regil LM et al. Cochrane database of systematic review 2015. If you have had a baby with neural tube defects/spina bifida, seek specific medical advice
- IQVIA NAT Scan Sales MAT April 2022
Each tablet contains:
- Folic Acid 800mg.
- Iron (as Ferrous Fumarate) 60mg.
- Iodine (as Potassium Iodide) 220mg.
- Thiamine (Vitamin B1, as Thiamine Nitrate) 1.4mg.
- Riboflavine (Vitamin B2) 1.4mg.
- Nicotinamide 18mg.
- Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5, as Calcium Pantothenate) 6mg.
- Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6 as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 1.9mg.
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12) 2.6mg.
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) 85mg.
- Colecalciferol (Vitamin D3 200 IU) 5mg.
- DL-Alpha Tocopherol (Vitamin E, as DL-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate) 18.7mg.
- Biotin (Vitamin H) 30mg.
- Calcium (as Calcium Hydrogen Phosphate, Calcium Pantothenate and Calcium Carbonate) 125mg.
- Magnesium (as Heavy Magnesium Oxide And Magnesium Stearate) 100mg.
- Copper (as Cupric Sulfate) 1mg.
- Manganese (as Manganese Sulfate Monohydrate) 1.9mg.
- Zinc (as Zinc Citrate Trihydrate) 11mg.
- Selenium (as Sodium Selenite) 50mg.
Take the whole tablet with water and preferably with a meal. If suffering morning sickness it is recommended to take Elevit at midday or in the evening. Take one tablet daily while trying to conceive, throughout pregnancy and into breastfeeding. It is important to take Elevit daily for 4 weeks prior to conception (or as directed by your healthcare professional).
Do not take Elevit with Iodine if:
- You have had an allergic reaction to Elevit with Iodine, or any of the Ingredients in Elevit with Iodine. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include swelling, itching, rash or breathing difficulties.
- You have kidney disease.
- You have excessive amounts of vitamin D, calcium or iron in your blood.
- Your body cannot process copper or large amounts of iron.
- The package is torn or shows signs of tampering.
- The expiry date printed on the pack has passed.
If you take this medicine after the expiry date has passed, it may not work as well. If you are not sure if you should be taking ELEVIT with IODINE, talk to your pharmacist, midwife or doctor. Do not give Elevit with Iodine to children. Elevit with Iodine is only for women who are trying to become pregnant, and those who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Please talk to your healthcare professional if you have any concerns prior to use.